This is a simplified version of Mendel's pea experiment.
You start with two parent plants and four child plants, and breed your own hybrid pea plants.
Only two attributes can be passed between generations:
- Pea colour (green or yellow)
- Pea shape (round or wrinkled)
- Click on two radio buttons to mate two pea plants to form four new children.
- (The top button corresponds to the first parent, the bottom button to the second. You may mate a plant with itself)
- To breed press: Breed
You may use it to:
- Run experiments, take notes and draw conclusions
- Discuss this simple model of Mendel's Seven Attributes experiment
- Discuss how it worked in Mendel's case
Learning object available in:
Terms you need to know:
(2) Suggested age group. The learning object may be used by the Teachers with students of any age.