|Table salt||Chemistry||Structure of crystals|
Analyse the structure of table salt crystals.
- Left-click with the mouse button to rotate the image
- Right-click with the mouse button to explore a large menu of options
You may explore a large number of items.
- Right-click with the mouse button and choose:
- Stop the rotation: Spin >> Off
- Show the structure in a different way: Render >> Schemes >> Ball and Stick
- Show element names: Labels >> With Element Names
- View crystal packing: Render >> Scheme >> CPK Spacefill
- Example experiment - Measure the angle formed for Na11 --Na10--Na12:
- Label by atom names: Right mouse button >> Labels >> Atom Names
- Draw lines: Click the left mouse button twice over Na11 and drag and click once on Na10; then drag and click twice on Na12
- You may even check the calculated angles with the option offered:
Learning object available in:
Terms you need to know:
|Click Right Mouse Button|
|Ball and Stick|
|Click the right mouse button over the image-labels|
|With Element Names|
|Rotate the Image using the left mouse button to view the different atom types|
(2) Suggested age group. The learning object may be used by the Teachers with students of any age.